Among the benefits of choosing a career as a truck driver are fantastic perks such as competitive pay, benefits, freedom on the road and plenty of travel. That said, truck driving jobs require that you be away from home for longer periods of time. When you’re on the road and behind the wheel, it’s even more important than ever to stay in contact with your loved ones back home. Whether you’re making use of your sleeper cab or spending the night in a cozy hotel, you’ll find yourself lucky that technology these days has you covered. There are plenty of program and apps available for free that’ll keep you in touch.
3 Ways to Stay in Touch On the Road:
1. Avocado – The app that consistently sits at the top of lists is Avocado. Avocado is basically like a Facebook account for couples. It’ll connect you with only one person. So if you’re occasionally long distance, this is a great way to share private thoughts and messages with that special someone. You can send messages, pictures, and draw creative images. You can even use its calendar function to make sure you never forget birthdays or anniversaries. It also helps you keep track of each other by showing when your partner’s phone battery is getting low. That way you don’t have to worry for their safety if you happen to be out of touch. Best thing about Avocado is it’s free!
2. Skype – Another good choice is Skype. It’s similar to FaceTime on your iPhone or other Apple device. The advantage to Skype is that it works on all kinds of phones and computers. Much like an email, you create your own login. Then, you just add your friends and family by searching their usernames. From there, you can talk with or without video anytime you have a decent internet connection. It’s super easy and has been around for a long time, so it’s a trusted platform for staying in touch. Once again, you’ll be pleased to hear your Skype-to-Skype calls won’t cost a dime.
3. Snapchat – Finally, Snapchat is a fun way to stay in touch with friends and family on a more playful level. With Snapchat, you can send short pictures and videos on your smartphone to other Snapchat users quickly and easily. Plus, the pictures and videos you send won’t use up all the file storage space on your phone or tablet. Each sent Snapchat is only visible once, so you can have a little more fun sending jokes and funny quotes you may not want to save forever. When you travel on the road, you can take pictures and videos of the neat places you see and tasty foods you try along the way. All and all, it’s a great way to stay in touch by sharing what you’re up to – for free!
With technology like this at your fingertips, it’s easy to stay in touch on the road. If you’ve been considering a career as a truck driver, rest assured you’ll be able to communicate with loved ones no matter where you find yourself!
Whether you’re currently driving with Smith Transport or considering a career with us (we are hiring!), we wish you a safe and happy drive ahead of you. Interested in learning about driving with one of the nation’s top truck driving companies? Get in touch with Smith Transport today!
- Apply online – HERE
- Email – email@example.com
- Call our Recruiting Department – 866.265.3718
- “Like” Smith Transport on Facebook