Ready to get ahead as a Smith driver? We’ll work to make the transition easy and rewarding. You’ll get through our orientation in just 2 ½ days – with pay – and have everything you need to start your profitable career with us.
Orientation: 2.5 days at the Roaring Spring, PA terminal
Orientation Pay: $1,000 (+Paid Travel, Hotel, and Meals) per completion of Orientation and driver’s first delivery
First Day: consists of Paperwork, Road Test, Pre-Trip Inspection, Physical, Drug Test, Videos and Review of Handbook and Presentations
Second Day: consists of Payroll Information, Review of Policies, CSA, Defensive Driving and Presentations
Third Day: consists of Qualcomm, Benefits, Presentations, Tour of Roaring Spring Facility, Driver Manager Assignments and Truck Presentations.
We provide during Orientation
Transportation from the Airport, Train or Bus Station to the motel
Breakfast will be provided each morning and you will be provided with lunch and dinner each day you are in orientation.
WHAT TO BRING
- Items necessary for Orientation:
- Drivers license
- Social Security card or Birth Certificate
- Voided Check for Direct Deposit
- Hours worked from previous 7 days (70 hour rule)
- Road Atlas
- CB Radio, mounting bracket and power cord
- Work gloves
- Multi-tool for installation
- Briefcase for paperwork
- Name, address, birth date and social security number of spouse and anyone you are getting insurance for.
** Remember, be in the motel lobby at 5:15 AM for your first day of orientation. There will be Smith Personnel there to transport you to the terminal on the first day.