Want Awesome Benefits? Drive for Smith TransportJuly 29, 2014 9:23 am Comment
At Smith Transport, we take care of our truck drivers. They’re our most precious cargo. That’s why we offer amazing benefits for our employees and their families. Our drivers deserve to live a healthy and happy life! If you make good choices ahead of time–such as driving for Smith Transport and reaping the benefits–you’ll be healthier, financially stable, and save time and money down the road. Take a look at some of the benefits you can elect when you drive for Smith and why they’re so important:
Benefits You Can Elect:
- Medical/Prescription – Even if you’re in good health, you will most likely use the health care system at some point in your life. You never know when an accident may happen or your family member will get sick and need to see a doctor. Health insurance provides you with an affordable way to get medical care when you need it. Also, it protects you and your family from the high cost of health care and prescriptions. The cost of even routine care can quickly add up, but the cost of care for a major illness or injury can be devastating. That is what insurance is all about — covering the expenses that come with preventing illness, staying healthy, and being prepared.
- Dental – Taking proper care of your teeth and gums requires more than brushing and flossing every day. You must see a dentist at least twice a year for a thorough cleaning and check-up. Preventative treatment not only helps you safeguard against future problems, it also provides the opportunity to catch potential problems before they become too serious and require more extensive and expensive procedures. It’s especially important for children to get in the habit of visiting the dentist regularly. Plus, dental incidents may arise and you need more treatment to your teeth and gums than simple preventative measures. With proper dental care, you and your children will have a long-lasting, beautiful smile.
- Vision – Vision care is a relatively simple yet valuable benefit, and is important for your overall health and wellness. Periodic eye examinations are an important part of routine preventive healthcare. Because many eye and vision conditions have no obvious symptoms, you may be unaware of any problems. Early diagnosis and treatment are important for maintaining good vision and preventing permanent vision loss. Vision care is essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- 401(k) – A 401k account allows you to save for retirement, something that’s extremely important and something you should be planning as soon as possible (even if you’re in your 20’s). The sooner you plan for retirement and set up your 401k, the better. When you save for retirement, you can count on your own personal investments for a greater share of your retirement expenses. You will want the financial resources to live on your own when you reach your retirement years. In addition, saving in a tax-deferred account, such as a 401k, reduces your income taxes. There are many advantages of a 401(k) through our company.
When you become a Smith Transport driver, you’ll love these company-paid benefits, too:
- Life Insurance – As we grow older, get married, and build families, life insurance becomes a fundamental part of having a sound financial plan. If your loved ones depend on your financial support for their livelihood, life insurance is crucial. In the event of your passing, life insurance replaces your income, which is especially important if you have young children or spouse who may find it difficult if they no longer have your source of income. Even if you don’t have any other assets to pass to your heirs, you can create an inheritance with your policy and name them beneficiaries. It’s a great way to set your kids up for a solid financial future and provide for any monetary needs that will arise. Life insurance truly brings peace of mind. This company-paid benefit is a huge plus.
- Short Term Disability – Have you considered how much of your income is necessary to sustain you and your family if you were unable to work? In the case of illness or injury, a short-term disability insurance policy helps you maintain your standard of living and provides financial stability. Because the unexpected can happen, it’s essential your income is protected and other expenses are covered if you become injured or sick. This is why we offer this fantastic company-paid benefit. If your current savings and plans may not be large enough to fund your family during an extended work absence, short-term disability can immensely help.
One of the key assets of benefits through Smith Transport is access to affordable care and other policies that you and your family need to stay healthy and secure. With these benefits, you’ll have peace of mind and less stress because you know you’re covered. With a great benefits plan from Smith Transport, you can help protect the health and financial future of you and your family for a lifetime. Click here to learn more about Smith Transport benefits.
Interested in driving for Smith? Contact a Smith Transport recruiter today!
Click or call:
- Email – email@example.com
- Recruiting Department – 866.265.3718
- Apply online – HERE
- Get social – “like” us on Facebook